Sunday, June 7, 2009

June- week 1

So I figured this being my last month and all that I should keep you all updated a little better than i have been in the past few months, so im going back to weekly posts (hopefully) and i think iˇll post one for my first week back just to summarise how the switch back to home life is going. But anyways.. getting back to whats is up:



The month started in Česky Krumlov as all of us exchange students were saying the first of our many goodbyes.. :( and all hopping on our various trains to head home.. all a little disgruntled that the proposed canoe trip was canceled due to un favorable weather conditions.. On a happier note we devised a plan to meet in telč two days later !!

So Vanessa and I, determined to get a little more travel in since the trip was canceled, hopped on the bus with Kayla and Karmin destined for Česky Budijovice, a town neither of us had seen very much of. though all of us were a little tired after the previous nights "wakefest" we managed to pull ourselves together and head out for a bite to eat. We headed out with hopes of indian and after being crushed by the closed sign, found a fantastic pizza place that had falafel!!!!! YUMMY! Literally one of the cheapest things on the menu was a falafel wrap with lettuce and tzatsiki (can´t spell). So amazing!! The best part.. it was literally like a foot long! OMG! i was soo hungry and i chomped my way through most of it :) After our bellies were full we headed back to their place (they are currently living with that same family) and chatted till bed.... which was around 6pm.. :) Like I said we were tired.. and we didnt open our sleepy eyes till 9 the next morning ... pretty solid sleep if I do say so myself. Ness and I grabbed our huge bags headed to the grocery store for some breaky and munchies for the train then made our way home..
.. I got home prety late, around 9pm, and started organising some university stuffs (gosh its fast approaching)... I crashed pretty late, not realising how long organising a timetable would take.. then woke up at 4:30 the next morning to hop on yet another train and header to Telč.

Telč was nice. It´s been nice to be able to say goodbye to everyone in steps.. and only a few at a time. Though it makes the whole final goodbye seem kinda sureal. In telč we kinda just wandered for a bit, we walked through the castle gardens, ate some great pizza, had some yummy ice cream and ended our eatery hopping with a trip to a cafe later making our way to the bus station for a few more goodbyes.

Then came a day of rest!! Finally, after all of our travels, which have been fantastic, comes a day soley dedicated to rest and recovery... I forgot to mention I´ve been sick with yet another cold (i believe this is no. 8 this year!!), for the past week. So My host parents so no travels, no school, and no leaving the couch in the living room for the day.. which was fine by me :)

I MISS SCHOOL!!! another downer to all of the rotary events lately is that I havent been to schoool very much and I miss my friends!! So thursday I went to school to chill with everyone. It worked out great since it was the schools sports day!! I wasnt able to participate since I wasnt there for sign up and technically im not a registered student but I was able to cheer my little heart out. 7A all the way!! I went to school on friday too, YAY! and despite all the tests they wrote, it was great to be there.

So back to another weekend (they come soo fast now adays!) and it´s josh´s going away party. Vítek and I headed out with josh and some of his friends for a night out on the town and showed him a good time :) though it was all a bit sad.. he leaves on the 13th, its getting close. But we all had a good time.. Saturday was a pretty chill day and the weather was kinda wet so all the better to stay indoors. I mainly worked on my university timetable, though I did make time for a few emails and a documentary :) LOVE them. Lastly, Sunday way Vanessas going away party... it was mainly rotarians, who were tons of fun, and Josh, Ness and I. Got home around 8 and was happy to see that Vítek had popped over for a visit. After Vítek peaced, Mark and I kept chatting, hahaha about our futures, jobs and university actually :) .. theres been a lot of that lately.. anyway.. then the Richtars and I had to say our goodbyes as Mark hopped on his train to prague, the start of what was to be a very long journey home.. not looking forward to the travel time :(

So that was my week. I will try and keep you posted :)

TTFL, ta ta for now

Anna xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment