Sunday, June 14, 2009

June week 2

So week two :)

Lately I´ve been making a special effort to wake up every morning with a smile on my face and positivity in my mind, and its been working fantasticly.



Monday I started the day with no plans and ended up chatting with friends I havent seen in ages and going for crepes and coffee with Vanessa and Josh. OH and i almost forgot Vítek and I went to grandmas for a visit. :) YAY! Started off as a sunny day and stayed glorious throughout! Thank you positivity!

Tuesday was a nice relaxing day. School in the morning, cooking in the afternoon, documentaries in the evening and a quick stop at the shop to pick up a few things for the thursday afternoon get-together planned with Josh and Vanessa. Nice, sunny, relaxing day :)

Wednesday was a bit of a slow day. The weather was a little wet and I was packing all day. downer... Not for home, though it was a good start, but Im moving up stairs and living in my host sisters room (shes currently in the states on exchange) since our grandparents are moving in next week (they will live here while the richtars are on their month long vacation in the states) and they will be staying in what is currently my room. Anyway.. I had wednesday to move all my stuff and in the end it all went smoothly. Later, Josh and I headed to our last Rotary meeting together. It was actually quite nice. We gave short presentation (improv, since we werent aware that we were to do one.. kind of hindered the quality, but they loved hearing our attempt) and said our thank yous to everyone. Then I headed home to start packing for our canoe trip.

Thursday was great!!!! After school I whipped up a fruit flan for Vítek ( as an early happy name day present, since I´ll be on the canoe trip for ´his´ day) then Josh and Vanessa came over for our Tye Dyeing party!!! YAY! it was soo much fun. Ive never tye dyed befoe and surely will again :) We each dyed a shirt and they all turned out super!! Later, sporting my new tye dye shirt I went to Víteks to give him the flan, show him my shirt and grab a cup of tea. I love our chats :) Great day!!!

Friday Vanessa and I head off on the canoe trip which was super exciting, but had to leave josh behind. He´s flying home on Saturday so today were our final goodbyes. Originally we were going to have the big goodbye on thursday, but none of us were ready, so Ness and I planned to take a later train and meet up with josh for an hour today. It was hard to say goodbye to Josh. Hes like a little brother to me, we dont always see eye to eye but Ive spent so much time with him, we´ve had so many heart to hearts.. and I respect him so much.. Im going to try next year to keep better contact with people for sure... Im known to not be very good at it, as im sure you can notice by this blogs frequency... but im going to work on it. So Vanessa and I headed off on our 5 hr train ride in hopes to find a happier front.. so our 5hr turned into a 7.5 hr... we kinda hopped on the wrong train.. but anyway we got there alright. it was great getting to see everyone again.

Saturday was fantastic! Oh my goodness.. so rachel and I were boat partners and we rocked the river let me tell you. It was soo cute, she knows so many disney songs it made for a musical journey :) The weather was absolutely perfect, we could not have asked for a nicer day and the nature... to die for .. absolutely gorgeous. WOW. hahaha and there were some little rapids along the way which really picked things up. im really happy that i went :)

Sunday man was I sore on sunday... but we were all so excited to get back in the boats. Another glorious day on the Sázava. We were all a little bit better about keeping hydrated and applying the spf since we felt the heat so much the day before, and its a good thing too since it was toasty. hahahaha omg there was this raccoon at our lunch stop, it was an attraction in a cage, soo sad, but he had the biggest buddah belly ive ever seen! Like oh my goodness.. it was rediculous. But canoeing was fantastic yet again. I didnt realise how much i missed padling. I really love being out on the water, its an incredible feeling. I think i will definitely go back to it once back home. So lots of fun :) It was fantastic having more than one night with everyone, we had tons of fun and the memories are priceless.






So im one week closer to my flight home and i dont really know how i feel about it all. On one hand im ready to see my friends and family and have summer in penticton nut on the other hand, ive really come to love my town and my friends, both exchangees and czechs... and i dont want to leave them behind.. I guess its all part of the process and with each goodbye reality is starting to hit.. whether im ready for it or not. All i know is that this year has been great, im forever thankful for everyone who ahs been a part of it and helped it come to be. Thanks

anna xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment